Full Coverage: Burma / Myanmar (until 8 June 2008)
Full Coverage: Myanmar
From Yahoo page – http://news.yahoo.com/fc/World/Myanmar;_ylt=As0lO4S4c4NhXA7lBLtDuHRm.3QA
Reuters – Sun Jun 8, 4:37 AM ETYANGON (Reuters) – Myanmar’s military government denied on Sunday it was evicting victims of Cyclone Nargis from relief camps, saying it was working on a voluntary resettlement program more than a month after the disaster.
- Slideshow: Tens of thousands killed in Myanmar cyclone
- Myanmar denies evictions from cyclone relief camps Reuters – Sun Jun 8, 4:37 AM ET
- Myanmar tightens security but denies evicting cyclone victims AFP – Sun Jun 8, 3:46 AM ET
- Red Cross: Myanmar dead may never be identified AP – Sun Jun 8, 2:56 AM ET
- Myanmar denies evicting cyclone survivors from shelters AFP – Sun Jun 8, 12:27 AM ET
- Myanmar tourism sector reels after cyclone AP – Sat Jun 7, 11:47 PM ET
- Rejected by junta, US aid ships sail from Burma at The London Times – Thu, Jun 05, 2008
- Burmese forced from relief camps The Christian Science Monitor via Yahoo! News – Thu, Jun 05, 2008
- Pentagon chief Gates rules out forcing aid on Myanmar at The Los Angeles Times – Mon, Jun 02, 2008
- Myanmar Aid Workers Say Delta Needs Are `Critical’ at Bloomberg.com – Fri, May 30, 2008
- Burmese Economy Is an Obstacle to Aid at The New York Times – Thu, May 29, 2008
- Cyclone destroys trees in Myanmar’s main city AP via Yahoo! News – Fri, Jun 06, 2008
- In darkened Rangoon, Burmese get resourceful The Christian Science Monitor via Yahoo! News – Tue, Jun 03, 2008
- Second wave economic crisis in Myanmar at Asia Times Online – Mon, Jun 02, 2008
- Amid aid delays, locals in Burma (Myanmar) rebuild The Christian Science Monitor via Yahoo! News – Mon, Jun 02, 2008
- Myanmar monks a vital lifeline for cyclone survivors AFP via Yahoo! News – Sun, Jun 01, 2008
- Can a cyclone open the iron fist of Myanmar’s generals? at The Los Angeles Times – Fri, May 23, 2008
- Mulish Myanmar at Seattle Times – Sat, May 31, 2008
- Let Them Eat Frogs at The Washington Post – Fri, May 30, 2008
- In U.S., a Multitude of Forces Drains the Spirit of Giving at The Washington Post – Fri, May 23, 2008
- Burma (Myanmar) dodges a bullet The Christian Science Monitor via Yahoo! News – Wed, May 21, 2008
- Myanmar’s killing fields of neglect at Asia Times Online – Sat, May 17, 2008
- Only war would provoke intervention in Burma at The Guardian (UK). – Sat, May 17, 2008
- Nargis Help – wiki and blog that provides links to news, relief operations, and other Cyclone Nargis-related resources.
- Myanmar Ministry of Foreign Affairs – site includes a profile of the country.
- Myanmar Information Committee – government site that includes annual ‘information sheets’ with updates on the political situation in the country.
- Daw Aung San Suu Kyi – site created to honor the Burmese resistance leader and Nobel laureate. Includes speeches and interviews, a biography, and more.
- Aung San Suu Kyi – profile of the Burmese opposition leader and 1991 Nobel Peace Prize laureate, from the BBC.
- Nobel Peace Prize: Aung San Suu Kyi – features her profile and the 1991 acceptance speech in her honor.