Burmese Human Rights Day activity in Japan (13-3-2009)
(၂၁)ႏွစ္ေျမာက္ ျမန္မာ့လူ႔အခြင့္အေရးေန႔ ခ်ီတက္ဆႏၵျပပြဲ
Campaign Movement for the 21st Anniversary of Burmese Human Rights Day, Tokyo, Japan
In the demonstration marching through crowded central Tokyo, we shouted slogans in Japanese to let the Japanese people know about Burma’s plights, especially lack of human rights and rule of law as well as unlawful detention of political activists. In addition, we demanded to release them immediately.
While passing the Burmese Embassy, our slogans were changed to Burmese language so that the Burmese military regime could hear.
The total number of the Burmese activists participating in this demonstration was over 200.
At the same time, another group of Burmese activists in Tokyo marched to the United Nations House in Shibuya, too, for their demonstration against the Burmese junta.
Let me rewrite our slogans;
- Myanmar gunji seiken wa Aung San Suu Kyi shi to subete no seijishu o shakuho shiro …..(seijishu o shakuho shiro)
- Myanmar gunji seiken wa minshuka seiryoku to no taiwa o ….. (minshuka seiryoku to no taiwa o)
- Myanmar gunji seiken wa kokumin e no jinken shinkai o yamero …..(jinken shinkai o yamero)
- Fukosei na saiban seido de minshuka seiryoku e no apaku o yamero …..(apaku yamero)
- Myanmar gunji seiken wa kokumin ni jiken to jiyuu…..(jinken to jiyuu o)
- Biruma no jinken mondai wa seikai no jinken mondai ….. (jinken no nai biruma o wasurenaide)
- Nihon seifu wa biruma minshuka ni kouka teki dewa nai aimai na koui o yamero ….. (aimai na koui o yamero)
- Biruma minshuka katsudo wa shouri suruzo …(shori suruzo)
Opening speech in a park of Minami Gotanda, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo
Shouting slogans in front of the Embassy of Burma in Tokyo, Japan
It’s me (Left) wearing a raincoat